Tuesday, May 22, 2007

Experimenting is fun!


Here's a technique that I taught myself this week. Wire crochet. I've been crocheting most of my life. I remember my cousin Jane and myself having competitions to see who could make the longest chain! That's all this is.....three strands of wire with stone and metal beads crocheted in to the wire. The end caps are made from twisted wire wound into the tornado shape. A hand made sterling silver clasp finishes it off.
It was fun to make! It feels good around the neck, too.
I'm teaching a class in Byzantine tomorrow. I love the look of Byzantine! I have to cut some rings for this today.
Friday I'm teaching the wire wrapped doughnut!
I'll take a trip to Sabastian to buy some wire for that class. I ordered some from Monsterslayer.com but I don't think it will get her in time for the class!

No comments: