Wednesday, June 13, 2007

It's been a while!


Wow, what a week I've had! My son, Bill and his family, were happily with me for the past week. We did some exciting things like tour the Kennedy Space Center. It was interesting since the last time I was there it was two weeks after 9/11 and most of it was closed for security sake. My granddaughter, Emma age 7, was very excited since she wants to be an astronaut when she grows up!
Tuesday they went on an air boat ride in the swamps of Vero Beach, FL (see link on my web site). They said it was great and they saw many, many alligators both large and small! They kids loved it. The rest of the week went between the pool, shopping and the beach. My daughter, Liz and family, arrived on Wednesday afternoon and the kids all enjoyed playing together. We had a few skirmishes but they mostly played nicely with each other!
Friday we all headed to St. Pete Beach to the Sirata Resort. We met my daughter, Mary and family, and my son, Nick and his son Nicholas.
Saturday we all attended a beautiful wedding on the beach. The weather was ideal! Blue sky, white sand, low humidity...........just so stunning! The bride, my niece Jackie, was sooooo beautiful! I can't tell you how many emotions went through me when I witnessed the ceremony. My brother, Bill, was just so proud! I only wish our Mom & Dad, Blanche & Bill Smith, could have seen her! I know that they were there in spirit. I'm posting their wedding picture for this post. We all miss them.

No comments: